i5 & e-mail problem
Cette page a été mise
à jour le 20 janvier 2009.
Verify that (...IseriesInformationCenterV5R2/info/rzair/rzairconfigtc.htm) TCP/IP is configured for email.
If you are setting up e-mail on your iSeries for the first time, complete the following steps. If you already have TCP/IP configured on your iSeries, you can proceed directly to (...IseriesInformationCenterV5R2/info/rzair/rzairconfigsm.htm)Configure SMTP and POP servers for e-mail.
- In iSeries Navigator, expand your iSeries Server --> Network --> TCP/IP Configuration.
- Right-click Interfaces and select New Interface and the type of network the new interface represents. The first dialog of the New TCP/IP Interface wizard appears. Follow the wizard's instructions. The wizard asks you to supply the following information:
- Type of connection
- Hardware resource
- Line description
- IP address
- Host name
- Domain name
Note: The host name and domain name you use for the wizard constitute your fully qualified domain name. SMTP requires a fully qualified domain name to communicate with other SMTP hosts, from which it receives e-mail.
For example, if the local host name is ASHOSTand the local domain name is DOMAIN.COMPANY.COM, the fully qualified domain name is: ASHOST.DOMAIN.COMPANY.COM.
- Servers to start up
- Once you are finished with the wizard, right-click TCP/IP and select Properties. The TCP/IP Properties dialog appears.
- Click the Host Table tab.
- Click Add. The TCP/IP Host Table Entry dialog appears.
- Enter the IP address and the host name you used in the New TCP/IP Interface wizard.
- Click OK to close the TCP/IP Host Table Entry dialog.
- Click OK to close the TCP/IP Properties dialog.
What to do next:(...IseriesInformationCenterV5R2/info/rzair/rzairconfigsm.htm)Configure SMTP and POP servers for e-mail
Configure SMTP and POP servers for e-mail
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) and Post Office Protocol (POP) servers, make e-mail possible on your iSeries server. Both the SMTP and the POP server must be correctly configured.
Configuring the SMTP server
When you (...IseriesInformationCenterV5R2/info/rzair/rzairconfigtc.htm)configured TCP/IP, the server automatically configured SMTP for you. All that remains is to change a few SMTP properties to ensure that the SMTP server works correctly for e-mail.
- In iSeries Navigator, expand your iSeries server --> Network --> Servers --> TCP/IP.
- Double-click SMTP. The SMTP Properties dialog appears.
- Click the following tabs to set the following parameters.
Click on this tab... And... General Select Start when TCP/IP is started. General Select No maximum for the Message split size field. General If you have a mail router, enter the name of the mail router, for example, mailrouter.company.com. The mail router name is the server name where SMTP routes the mail if the e-mail is not local mail. See the iSeries Navigator help for more details. General If you have a firewall setup, select Forward outgoing mail to router through firewall. General If you exchange e-mail with Domino servers, clear the Interpret percent sign as routing character field. Automatic Registration If you are using the SNDDST command to send e-mail and the RCVDST command to receive e-mail, and you are using SNADS addressing instead of internet addressing, select the Automatically add remote users to system distribution directory check box. Automatic Registration If you are using the the SNDDST command to send e-mail and the RCVDST command to receive e-mail, click System alias table in the Add users to field.
- Click OK to accept the changes.
Configuring the POP server
The (...IseriesInformationCenterV5R2/info/rzair/rzairrzairpopserver.htm)POP server delivers mail, to a POP client, from the user mailbox, when requested by the POP client. You must configure the POP server to completely prepare your iSeries server for e-mail.
To configure the POP server for a mail program such as Netscape Mail or Eudora Pro, complete the following steps:
- In iSeries Navigator, expand iSeries server --> Network --> Servers --> TCP/IP.
- Double-click POP. The POP Properties dialog appears.
- Refer to the table below to set the following parameters.
Click on this tab... And... General Select Start when TCP/IP is started. General Select Allow standard POP connection. Configuration Select No maximum for the Message split size field. Configuration If POP clients are logging on through dialup lines and receiving large pieces of mail, increase the Inactivity timeout value. Mappings Select Use only when unsupported CCSID is indicated.
- Click OK to accept the changes.
What to do next:(...IseriesInformationCenterV5R2/info/rzair/rzaircrtup.htm)Enroll e-mail users